- Follow @TheAndrewBlog
- Justice League Tries to Thread the Needle Between The Avengers and Batman v. Superman and Turns Out Generic
- The Walking Dead Confronts Whether Ezekiel Is Just “Some Guy”
- The Walking Dead Is One Big Jumble of Plots in “Monsters”
- Thor: Ragnarok Wins with Comedy and Character, Even When its Story Sags
- The Walking Dead Keeps Asking the Same Tired Questions in “The Damned”
- jenna haze on Andrew’s Crazy TV Show Theories
- Andrew Bloom on Contact
- Scott on Contact
- Andrew Bloom on The Forgotten Rape in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Aisha on The Forgotten Rape in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Tag Archives: The Walking Dead S08E01
Someday, The Walking Dead will end. Sure, with this premise, the folks in charge could theoretically cycle through cast members like Saturday Night Live and go on into eternity. But the practical reality is that, as the show begins its eighth season, it’s likely closer to its end than its beginning.
But it’s hard to imagine what that ending will look like. Comic book creator Robert Kirkman famously declared that his story could go on forever and that he had no clear ending in mind. The recent Robot Chicken special poking fun at the show envisioned a relatively normal future where society has been rebuilt and there’s a Walker Museum devoted to the struggle of the series (with a nice “historical game of telephone” vibe). Others have speculated about who might survive to the end, whether anyone will find a cure, and how a new civilization comes to fruition. Still, there’s no obvious place for this story to end, no clear way to reach a series-length measure of catharsis.