- Follow @TheAndrewBlog
- Gilmore Girls: “A Vineyard Valentine” Presages Mad Men in One of Season 6′s Best Episodes
- The Good Place Season 2 Gave Us Beautiful Lessons on Morality by Smashing the Status Quo
- Breaking Bad‘s Pilot Has It All, And Yet Has Nothing
- Bob’s Burgers: Tina Belcher Chooses Girl Power over Stink Bombs in “V for Valentine-detta”
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Is About Making Mistakes, But the Trip to the Casino Planet Isn’t One of Them
Tag Archives: Peter Griffin
I dreaded the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover. Even setting aside the inherent pitfalls of crossovers generally, it’s been a long time since either show was pitching its fastball. Despite the two series’ basic similarities, their comedic sensibilities differ pretty dramatically. The idea of one show’s staff writing the other show’s characters did not inspire confidence in either side of the writers’ room. And the tense, if playful, rivalry between The Simpsons and Family Guy did not suggest an easy fit behind the scenes.
But against all odds, Richard Appel, who served as a writer and producer for both shows, oversaw the episode, and put together a surprisingly cohesive, funny, and above all else, worthwhile crossover.