- Follow @TheAndrewBlog
- Justice League Tries to Thread the Needle Between The Avengers and Batman v. Superman and Turns Out Generic
- The Walking Dead Confronts Whether Ezekiel Is Just “Some Guy”
- The Walking Dead Is One Big Jumble of Plots in “Monsters”
- Thor: Ragnarok Wins with Comedy and Character, Even When its Story Sags
- The Walking Dead Keeps Asking the Same Tired Questions in “The Damned”
- jenna haze on Andrew’s Crazy TV Show Theories
- Andrew Bloom on Contact
- Scott on Contact
- Andrew Bloom on The Forgotten Rape in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- Aisha on The Forgotten Rape in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
Tag Archives: Game of Thrones S06E01
Game of Thrones might be too familiar, too expansive, to have the same force it once did. When a show’s been on the air for five years, it’s harder for it to surprise you. The characters are well-established; you know most of the series’s tricks, and you also know a great deal about what the show’s good and bad at. Game of Thrones is good at a lot of things–humorous asides, daring rescues, and moving character moments–so that even when it’s simply chugging along, it’s still a very enjoyable show. But for a season premiere, “The Red Woman” was a bit underwhelming.
It wasn’t bad, mind you. There were plenty of exciting moments, surprising twists, and interesting developments. But there was little to make you sit up and take notice of a series at the height of its powers moving toward its end game, save for perhaps one scene.